Purpose of this Blog...

You may have noticed that not all books are equal in capturing children's imaginations and in cultivating those innocent, tender souls. My goal is to help you find the ones that do!
(Painting by Mary Cassatt: "Mrs Cassatt Reading to her Grandchildren" -1888)




Sunday, April 20, 2014

A Blessed Pascha (Happy Easter)!


CHRIST IS RISEN!
I hope you like my version of the beautiful Russian painting below.  (I gave my photo an antique setting for effect.)


source

Now, about the Lemon Ricotta Almond Flour-less cake I mentioned here...


It turned out beautifully, even though I realized halfway through the recipe that the sugar should have been divided (adding the second half to the beaten egg whites),  and halfway through baking it that the 325 degree temperature was for a convection setting!  Thankfully I have a convection setting, and was able to switch it over and up the baking time a little bit.

It made it safely into my Pascha basket, and we'll be enjoying it today with coffee and half-and-half for dessert!  Christ is Risen!


No comments:

Post a Comment